Ready to Present?
Book at Official Alliance Hotel
By January 12, 2018
Register for Alliance
By January 12, 2018
Work on Presentation
Submit Final Changes
Any presenters receiving a registration discount must stay at the official Alliance Conference Hotel and book through the official housing bureau only by January 12, 2018 (Do not go directly to the hotel to book your room).
You will be asked for your hotel confirmation number when you start the registration process. Housing information will be available when registration opens. Primary Presenters from institutions within 75 miles of the conference site or where institutional travel guidelines will not allow an overnight stay due to close proximity may request a waiver of this requirement. Contact conference support at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the exemption.
Speakers are eligible for one waiver only, not one for each session
(1/2 hour session)
Birds of a Feather
|Primary presenter||1 early bird
|1/2 early bird
| 1/2 early bird
|1 early bird
|1 early bird
|Co-presenter 1||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||1 early bird
|Co-presenter 2, 3, 4||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Community Mingle Presenter||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
NOTE: If your registration is not completed by January 12, 2018, your session may be canceled; or if not canceled, you will be responsible for the difference between the early-bird rate and the rate in effect at the time of registration. If the system does not recognize you as a speaker, please contact email@example.com for assistance. Do not pay the registration fee, you will not receive a refund.
Track Listservs are a great way for you to communicate easily with other attendees. The Advisory Groups can also use it to communicate about the Community Mingles and Birds of
All presenters are asked to prepare a visual presentation using Microsoft's PowerPoint or a different medium so that session materials can be made available to the attendees via the conference Web site. Having a copy of the PowerPoint or handouts to take notes is extremely helpful for attendees. Speakers should upload the most current version of the presentation prior to the conference and upload any updates after the conference while the topic is fresh for everyone.
To upload your presentation:
- Go to My Presentations
- Find and click on the presentation you need to upload the file(s).
the iconon the left, and upload each of your files.
NOTE: If you have any problems uploading files, please forward your files with the conference name, session number, and title to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be
- To review your session, go to My Presentations and select the session to review (you must have a HEUG login to access).
- If you would like to make any changes please email your Track Chair or email@example.com by March 2, 2018. If you are unable to access the link to your session please go here and search your
session bythe title to review the details.
What to Expect
- AUDIO VISUAL: All meeting rooms are equipped with LCD projector (16:9), screen, lectern with a wireless lapel microphone, panel table with a wired microphone and wireless Internet access. Presenters must bring their own laptop and any adaptors if applicable. Unlike in years past, HDMI-Connectors will be provided in each room for Alliance 2018, however, if you need a different converter (ie. VGA, DVI, Apple, etc), please bring it with you. If additional AV is needed, please email your Track Chair so they can put in a request. These requests are subject to review and approval by the program chair.
- INTERNET: Wireless internet service will be available in every session room. Speakers will have a separate Wi-Fi access code to use during their presentations only. Be cautious in using a live demo since some host systems can become unavailable unexpectedly and internet connectivity can be disrupted. Speakers are strongly encouraged to have screenshots with them as an alternative should any issues occur.
- SPEAKER READY ROOM: A speaker ready room will be available for 30-minute time slots. Additional information will be disclosed in a later communication.
- RECORDING: Unless otherwise specified, every session will have the audio portion recorded. Please use the microphones provided for the purpose of recording as this will make a dramatic difference in the value of the recording if questions are included. If your room does not have a separate microphone for audience questions, please repeat the question prior to answering.
- FIRE CODES: In many cases, sessions show near seating capacity based on attendees’ agendas. A Fire Marshall will be onsite and might be checking rooms for any potential hazards to ensure the safety of all the attendees. Prior to starting your presentation, please ask any attendees standing to find a seat to avoid any fire code issues.
- All vendors should refer to the Exhibitor Information Page/Vendor Presentations section for submission rules and instructions. Vendors may be co-presenters only if they are also an exhibitor at the Alliance Conference. No exceptions will be made. If you are not sure about the status of one of your co-presenters, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- Vendor Presentations (all vendors other than Oracle) – primary presenters of vendor sessions do not receive complimentary or discounted registrations. Please contact the company’s primary contact for the Alliance conference on how to register.
Click the button below to view the Terms and Policies agreed upon when submitting a session.