Boost your professional skills and learn from experts — live. Practical sessions with interactive exercises, access to experts, slides, recordings and a friendly Q&A.
Building and Deploying Search Dashboards
Primary Presenters: Dan Iverson & Kyle Benson - psadmin.io
Focus Area: Data to Decisions
In this workshop, we will show you how to get more from PeopleSoft and Kibana. This lab will introduce you to building custom visualizations and dashboards and how you integrate them into PeopleSoft. We will take those skills and use it with custom search data so your PeopleSoft system can display rich visualization for all of your information. The session is for technical and functional users who want to get more from PeopleSoft's investment in Kibana and Opensearch Insights.
- Create Custom Dashboards in Kibana - will learn how to build visualizations in Kibana and how to group them into Dashboards.
- Build Custom Search Definitions - will learn how to build a search definition for data that unique to an organization and how to push that data into Elasticsearch or Opensearch.
- Create Kibana Dashboards for Custom Search Data - will learn how to create Dashboards that integrate customer data and how to migrate Dashboards between environments.
Technical & Reporting Student Information System (SIS) Exhibitor
What's cooking in your Business Analyst Kitchen?
Presenters: Rajani Day, Kristine Williams & Erica Guestin - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Focus Area: Elevating "U"
Are your day to day analytic tool pantry items going stale? Let's go shopping! We will hit the grocery store together and pick up some fresh techniques! Refresh and recharge with a presentation of key concepts and practice exercises in a fun and safe setting! Some of the grocery aisles we will walk down: Brainstorming methods, Project documents, Telling a visual story, And more! Join The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill business analysts and their manager on a trip to the BA store.
- Attendees will be able to practice business analysis techniques.
- Attendees will be able to describe relevant project documentation.
- Attendees will be able to implement brainstorming sessions.
Leading Change Project and Change Management
Extending and Customizing PeopleSoft Activity Guides using AG Composer Framework
Primary Presenter: Logesh Balasubramaniam - Spear MC
Focus Area: Lifelong Learning
This workshop introduces participants to the concepts required to implement and use Activity Guides in PeopleSoft application. This course is applicable to HCM, FSCM and Campus Solutions Functional and Technical users. Attendees will learn about the foundational elements of Activity Guide Composer framework. Hands-on activities in this workshop will take the trainees thru the process of designing and creating a new activity guides, configuring guided templates, deploying it to end users, administering the deployed guides, managing its security and migrating them. On completion of this training, attendees will be able to review and update the Oracle delivered Activity Guides and create new Activity Guides to meet their custom business requirements.
- Attendees will learn the process of designing and creating a new activity guide and configuring guided templates using Activity Guide Composer.
- Attendees will learn to deploy custom Activity guides to end users and administer the deployed guides.
- Attendees will the understand the process of managing Activity Guide security and the steps to migrate them using Data Migration Workbench.
Technical & Reporting Human Capital Management Information Technology Exhibitor
PeopleSoft Financial Aid Basics
Primary Presenter: Scott Cho - Consultant
Focus Area: Elevating "U"
New to PeopleSoft Financial Aid? Do you barely understand the questions that people are asking and are completely lost when you get the answer? Maybe what you need is a basic understanding of the processing, setup, and features of the Financial Aid module. This workshop goes over the high-level processing of the major feature sets, how the setup works, how other modules and processes interact, and the main concerns/issues related to each process. This won't make you an expert, but it will give you a starting point for advanced learning that goes beyond PeopleBooks
- Understand the major feature sets of the PeopleSoft Financial Aid module.
- Describe the interactions between Financial Aid and other modules.
- Explain the issues for each feature set and possible problems.
Student Information System (SIS)
Supercharge load testing for your PeopleSoft application-Our 2-week journey with AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, and JMeter in a 3-hr workshop!
Primary Presenters: Yvonne Fang, Shiva Kumar Pachika & Janhavi Deshpande - University of California Berkeley
Focus Area: Integration Strategies
Let us guide you on your journey to the AWS cloud without getting too close to the sun. Join us in a hands-on workshop as we prepare you for your transition to AWS by using CloudFormation to seamlessly build your new infrastructure. Lets not sweat the heat and use Ansible for your Infrastructure Automation, an agent-less tool designed to work everywhere you go. Take advantage of Ansible existing modules to deploy and configure your applications. Cool down knowing you have what it takes with the power of Jmeter. Sip on a cold drink as your scripts take care of your performance testing in your PeopleSoft Application.
- How to use Ansible.
- How to use AWS CloudFormation template.
- How to combine all these to provision a load testing environment.
Technical & Reporting Finance Human Capital Management Student Information System