We're looking forward to your session at Alliance 2023! We hope you are ready to present and if not - we have pulled together this guide to make sure that you are. From training opportunities to best practices, you will be able to find all the relevant information in one place to make you feel confident before you get onsite and on stage.
CPE Presenter Information
The Alliance conference is pleased to announce our CPE Credit opportunities for this year's conference.
Please read our CPE Presenter guidelines carefully as they have been updated:
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is a requirement for a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to maintain an active license.
- Presenters should remind attendees participating in the Alliance CPE program to sign in and sign-out on the attendance log or scanner that is provided at each CPE eligible session. Failure to sign-out will result in zero CPE hours for that session. The conference team will provide the Attendance Log in each room.
- As a presenter you must also sign and date the Attendance Log.
- Sessions that are classified as:
- Regular sessions should have 50 minutes of content.
- Workshop sessions should have 150 minutes of content.
- Training sessions should have 250 minutes of content.
- Attendees in the sessions that do not meet the time requirement will receive partial credit for the time in the session.
- Audience engagement is a required slide for all CPE sessions.
- Regular sessions must have at least one (1) question that engages audience participation.
- Two-Part sessions must have at least two (2) questions (one per hour) that engage audience participation.
- Training sessions must have at least five (5) questions that engage audience participation.
- Be sure to include these questions on a slide in your PowerPoint presentation.
- Presentations must be uploaded to your session by January 27, 2023.
- We will have a volunteer to assist you with the administration of the CPE documentation. If a volunteer is not present, please return the Attendance Log to the Conference Show Office Room immediately after your session.
- CPE is randomly audited by the National Association of State Boards for Accountancy (NASBA)
- The HEUG CPE Coordinator maintains CPE information for at least 5 years.