Ready to Present?
Any presenters receiving a registration discount must stay at the official Alliance Conference Hotel and book through the official housing bureau only by January 10, 2020 (Do not go directly to the hotel to book your room).
You will be asked for your hotel confirmation number when you start the registration process. Housing information will be available when registration opens. Primary Presenters from institutions within 75 miles of the conference site or where institutional travel guidelines will not allow an overnight stay due to close proximity may request a waiver of this requirement. Contact conference support at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the exemption.
Presenters are eligible for one (1) discount on the Early Bird Rate only. Presenters selected for multiple sessions are eligible for one discount rate which provides the greatest benefit. No other expenses are reimbursed by the Alliance conference. The registration discount is non-transferable.
(1- or 2-hour session)
(30 min session)
(Three-15 min demos)
|Primary presenter||25% Discount||100% Discount||100% Discount||50% Discount||25% Discount||25% Discount||25% Discount|
|Co-presenter 1||25% Discount||100% Discount||No Registration Discounts Offered, must be a registered and paid attendee|
|Co-presenter 2, 3, 4||25% Discount||No Registration Discounts Offered, must be a registered and paid attendee|
|Vendor presenter||No Registration Discounts Offered, must be a registered and paid attendee|
|Community Mingle presenter||No Registration Discounts Offered, must be a registered and paid attendee|
NOTE: If your registration is not completed by January 10, 2020, your session may be canceled; or if not canceled, you will be responsible for the difference between the early-bird rate and the rate in effect at the time of registration. If the system does not recognize you as a presenter, please contact email@example.com for assistance. Do not pay the registration fee, you will not receive a refund.
Track Listservs are a great way for you to communicate easily with other attendees. The Advisory Groups can also use it to communicate about the Community Mingles and Birds of a Feather sessions. They are a great medium for questions and for attendees to help shape the content of the conference. Directed, focused, and all without clogging up the standard listservs. To subscribe to Alliance Track listservs you must have a HEUG login.
All presenters are asked to prepare a visual presentation using Microsoft's PowerPoint or a different medium so that session materials can be made available to the attendees via the conference website. Having a copy of the PowerPoint or handouts to take notes is extremely helpful for attendees. Presenters should upload the most current version of the presentation prior to the conference and upload any updates after the conference while the topic is fresh for everyone.
To upload your presentation:
- Go to My Presentations
- Find and click on the presentation you need to upload the file(s).
- Click the icon on the left, and upload each of your files.
NOTE: If you have any problems uploading files, please forward your files with the conference name, session number, and title to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be added into the system on your behalf.
- To review your session, go to My Presentations and select the session to review (you must have a HEUG login to access).
- If you would like to make any changes please email your Track Chair or email@example.com by February 7, 2020. If you are unable to access the link to your session please search your session by the title to review the details.
We have again expanded our CPE credit offerings for Alliance 2020. We are proud of the valuable sessions and information available to attendees and happy many of those sessions are eligible for CPE.
Read below for more information about being a CPE Presenter:
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is a requirement for a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to maintain an active license.
- We ask that at the beginning of your session you announce the session is CPE eligible and remind attendees to sign in and out.
- Sessions that are classified as regular sessions should have 50 minutes of content. Sessions that are classified as deep dive sessions should have 100 minutes of content. Sessions that are classified as workshop sessions should have 150 minutes of content. Sessions that are classified as training sessions should have 250 minutes of content. Attendees in the sessions that do not meet the time requirement will receive partial credit for the time in the session.
- Audience engagement is a required slide for all CPE sessions. Regular sessions must have at least one (1) question that engages audience participation. Deep dive sessions must have at least two (2) questions that engage audience participation. Training sessions must have at least five (5) questions that engage audience participation. Be sure to include these questions on a slide in your powerpoint presentation.
- Session presentations must be uploaded to your session by Friday, February 7, 2020.
- Attendees participating in the Alliance CPE program MUST sign in and out of the Attendance Log at your session. We will provide the Attendance Log.
- You MUST also sign and date the Attendance Log.
- We plan to have a volunteer to assist you with the administration of the CPE documentation. If a volunteer is not present, please return the Attendance Log to the Conference Show Office Room in 126A by 11:45 AM, Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
- Attendees participating in the CPE program must return their CPE Tracking Form to the Show Office Room in 126A by 11:45 AM, Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
- CPE is randomly audited by the National Association of State Boards for Accountancy (NASBA)
- Attendees must also complete the individual survey for EACH qualified CPE session by using the Alliance 2020 app.
- The HEUG CPE Coordinator maintains CPE information for at least 5 years.
General Membership Session Vote Opens
A General Membership Session Vote will occur to receive the membership's opinion on the submitted sessions. Voting is open to Institutional Members only.
Submission Results Notification
You will receive notification of your submission results via email no later than this date.
Confirm Your Presentation
Once selected, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the invitation to present, and review other presentation details.
Housing & Registration Opens
Book your hotel at one of the official Alliance Conference Hotels to receive your presenter discount and then register to attend the conference.
What to Expect
- AUDIO VISUAL: All meeting rooms are equipped with LCD projector (16:9), screen, lectern with wired podium microphone, panel table with a wired microphone and wireless Internet access. Presenters must bring their own laptop and any adaptors if applicable. Unlike in years past, HDMI-Connectors will be provided in each room for Alliance 2020, however, if you need a different converter (ie. VGA, DVI, Apple, etc), please bring it with you. If additional AV is needed, please email your Track Chair so they can put in a request. These requests are subject to review and approval by the program chair.
- INTERNET: Wireless internet service will be available in every session room. Presenters will have a separate Wi-Fi access code to use during their presentations only. Be cautious in using a live demo since some host systems can become unavailable unexpectedly and internet connectivity can be disrupted. Presenters are strongly encouraged to have screenshots with them as an alternative should any issues occur.
- PRESENTER READY ROOM: A presenter ready room will be available for 30-minute time slots. Additional information will be disclosed in a later communication.
- RECORDING: Unless otherwise specified, every session will have the audio portion recorded. Please use the microphones provided for the purpose of recording as this will make a dramatic difference in the value of the recording if questions are included. If your room does not have a separate microphone for audience questions, please repeat the question prior to answering.
- FIRE CODES: In many cases, sessions show near seating capacity based on attendees’ agendas. A Fire Marshall will be onsite and might be checking rooms for any potential hazards to ensure the safety of all the attendees. Prior to starting your presentation, please ask any attendees standing to find a seat to avoid any fire code issues.
- All vendors should refer to the Exhibitor Information Page/Vendor Presentations section for submission rules and instructions. Vendors may be co-presenters only if they are also an exhibitor at the Alliance Conference. No exceptions will be made. If you are not sure about the status of one of your co-presenters, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- Vendor Presentations (all vendors other than Oracle) – primary presenters of vendor sessions do not receive complimentary or discounted registrations. Please contact the company’s primary contact for the Alliance conference on how to register.
Click the button below to view the Terms and Policies agreed upon when submitting a session.