Session Number: 6401
Sub-Categorization: Select A Value
Session Type: Tips and Tricks
Tags: Activity Guides, eform, eForms, electronic forms, Employee Onboarding, Employee Self Service, Fluid, GT eForms, hire, onboarding, Self Service, self-service
Primary Presenter: Paul Taylor [President, CEO - Gideon Taylor Consulting LLC]
Time: Mar 05, 2019 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
Room: SWAN - Swan 7
Session Length (Approved): Regular Length
Session Submission Type: Vendor
Knowledge level : Intermediate
Target Audience: All
Learning Objective 1: Understand the delivered functionality of the 9.2 Onboarding template and how to customize it.
Learning Objective 2: Become familiar with the new Acknowledgement Framework.
Learning Objective 3: Learn how to pre-board candidates, and what delivered Onboarding tasks can be completed before the hire is complete.
Prerequisites : None
Advance preparation: No Advance Preparation Required
Version Presenting: PS 9.2
Level of Customization: None or N/A
Level of Partner Integration: Institution Alone
Project Phase: N/A
Project Go Live: N/A
Your Training in this Area: PeopleSoft certifications: PeopleSoft Certified Developer, PeopleTools I and II, PeopleCode, Business Process Design
Element(s) of Engagement: Case studies, Group discussion, Live Polling, Simulations
CPE Approved Session: No
Description: PeopleSoft’s delivered 9.2 Fluid OnBoarding tools and templates offer a compelling, accessible onboarding experience for your new employees. There are some hurdles, though, that unless overcome, can make delivered Onboarding an impractical solution. These include:
• The Continuity Problem: The decision to hire starts in your Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and there is lots of usable data there. How do you transition from ATS to Onboarding to Hire without manual steps and data re-entry?
• The Chicken and Egg Problem: The candidate needs an EmplId and a UserId to use Onboarding. To prevent duplicate IDs, you need to gather their birthdate and SSN to see if they already have IDs. You want to gather birthdate and SSN using Onboarding, but they can’t access Onboarding without an Emplid and a UserID…
• The Cart Before the Horse Problem: You want the candidate to start Onboarding before their first day of work, especially Section 1 of the I-9, but they can’t access Onboarding until they are hired in Job Data.
• The “We Do Things Differently Here” Problem: The delivered Onboarding steps are nice, but you have your own requirements peculiar to your organization that aren’t covered by what is delivered.
• The No Man Is an Island Problem: You need administrators to manage onboarding, push it to completion, and approve certain transactions, but the delivered system has very limited management and workflow tools.
• The First Impressions Problem: You want the onboarding experience to be a great introduction to your organization, but delivered onboarding is hard to brand.
The good news is that all these hurdles can be, well, hurdled! We’ll present solutions for each of these problems, painting a realistic picture of how delivered 9.2 Fluid Onboarding can work for you.
More Information: http://gideontaylor.com